Answered By: Elyse Wolf Last Updated: Apr 01, 2019 Views: 16
You can access market potential data in SRDS by following these steps:
- Select A-Z Database List on the library homepage. under "Quick Links"
- Choose "S" from the alphabet
- Find SRDS Media Services on the list of databases available there.
- Click “Log in” in the upper right-hand corner
- Click “Claritas 360” in the navigation bar
- You will then have to click the purple “Login to Claritas 360” button in the center of the screen.
- Once you are in Claritas 360, click the “Reports” box
- Click on “Segmentation Reports”
- Click on “Lifestyler Reports”
- Click on “Market Potential”
- Select “PRIZM Premier” and then hit next
- You have the option to search for a consumer behavior or browse by clicking on the blue arrow next to “Claritas Profiles”
Screenshot of what a search looks like:
- Screenshot of what browsing looks like:
- Select an Analysis Area using the options or by searching. Browsing is recommended because a county name can be in multiple states.
- Check to make sure all the profiles and analyses areas you would like to search are in the “User Selections” box.
- Click Next
- This page contains output options and click Submit after making your selections
- Click on “Go to my jobs” in the popup
- It may take a few minutes for your report to generate. When it is ready it will appear in the “My Jobs” area.
- To view your report, click on the blue report number.
- Click on “Report Output” to download your report.
- Click on the “Table View” tab.
- Example results
- Base Count: Number of people in the selected county in the database
- Base % Comp: The percentage of people in the county compared to all selected counties in the report.
- Estimated Users: Number of people engaged in the consumer behavior
- % Comp: Percentage of people engaged in the consumer behavior in the county compared to all selected counties in the report.
- Users/100 HHs: Number of people per 100 households in the county engaged in the consumer behavior.
- Market Potential Index: An index number indicating the intensity of the behavior within the county compared to all other counties in the database. 100 is average.
- For example Hillsborough County in NH has a Market Potential Index of 101 for people who drink Dr Pepper most frequently. This means that this county is 1 percentage point above average.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.