Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: Oct 29, 2018 Views: 963
SNHU librarians are available to answer your reference and research questions by phone, email, chat, or in person during the times listed on the Wolak Library Learning Commons Hours page. The 24/7 Chat with a Librarian service allows SNHU students, faculty, and staff to get reference and research help when SNHU Librarians are off duty.
If you are using the 24/7 Chat with a Librarian service outside of normal reference hours, you will be chatting with a librarian from another academic institution, sometimes even in the United Kingdom, or from a national 24/7 cooperative reference service. SNHU librarians may follow up on those chats with additional information after your chat with a non-SNHU librarian. You are also encouraged to email a SNHU librarian at email@example.com to receive email assistance during our next available hours.
To use the 24/7 Chat with a Librarian service:
- Click on the gold "Chat 24/7 with a Librarian" button at the top of this page
- You will automatically be connected to a page with a short form for you to fill out.
- After filling out the form:
- Click "Start Chat" during normal reference hours and a SNHU librarian will be with you shortly
- Click "Connect" outside the hours that SNHU librarians are available at the reference desk.and a librarian from another academic institution or the cooperative reference service will be with you shortly.
Please note that non-SNHU librarians do not have access to your library account information.
Alternatively, you can see if your question can be answered by:
- Searching our FAQs to find the answers to frequently asked questions about the Shapiro Library, our services and resources, research help, and more.
- Visiting our Troubleshooting Guide for help troubleshooting a technology or database problem, additional resources and contact information, etc.
- Using a Research Guide to find books and ebooks, databases and journals, websites, research tips, and more resources to help you do research on a specific topic (e.g. Biology) or for a specific course (e.g. MKT 113).
- Visit our Getting Started with Research Guide for generalized information on how to do research, evaluate sources, navigate the library website, use databases, etc.
Please note that priority is given to Southern New Hampshire University students, faculty, or staff and to questions about the Shapiro Library's resources and services.
You may also want to consider:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.