Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: Feb 28, 2017 Views: 122
Current SNHU students, faculty, and staff may place holds (also called requests) on both checked out and available items.
1. Search for the item(s) you need in the Online Library Catalog.
2. Click on the title of the material you want to open the detailed record for the item (you're looking at the detailed record if you see information about the material like ISBN, contents, description, etc.).
3. Click the "Request" link in the upper left.
4. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to Log in to Your Library Account using your SNHU username and password (without the @snhu.edu).
5. Choose a pick up location. If you would like to pick up this item in person, select "SNHU Information Desk". If you're a currently enrolled COCE student, faculty or staff member with a center of record and mailing addresses outside of Manchester, NH, you may select “Off-Campus Postal Delivery” to have your item delivered by mail to your address on file. Please see the Off-Campus Library Services page for more information.
Optional: You may include special instructions or a "cancel if not filled by" date if you'd like.
6. Click "Submit."
7. You will see a confirmation screen that appears as follows:
8. If you have selected SNHU Information Desk as your pickup location, you will receive an email once the item is ready for pickup. If you have selected Off-Campus Postal Delivery, you will not receive a pickup email but can follow the progress of your request by logging in to Your Library Account. When your hold is fulfilled, it will move from your Hold list to the list of items currently checked out to you. This signifies that the item has been mailed to you via USPS Priority mail and should arrive within 1-3 business days. Please see the Borrowing Shapiro Library Materials page for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.