Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: Dec 26, 2018 Views: 152
There are a few ways that you can search for ebooks within the Shapiro Library’s collection.
Online Library Catalog
One place to start is the Online Library Catalog, which is linked under the “Find Articles, eBooks, & More” menu on the library home page. The Online Library Catalog searches the print collection as well as a number of the ebook databases. To limit the search to ebooks only:
- Use the “Advanced Keyword” search option on the “More Searches” drop-down menu in the upper right corner
- Choose “E-BOOKS” in the Material Type field.
Note: The Online Library Catalog does not search all of our ebook collections.
Another way to find databases is to search individual databases that include eBooks & eBook Chapters.
Your topic will help you decide which database to choose. For example, if you want to find ebooks about nursing you would not choose AccessEngineering.
Popular ebook databases:
- Ebook Central
- Ebook Central offers titles from hundreds of trusted publishers on one modern, intuitive platform Its intuitive, mobile-optimized design lets researchers get “anytime access” to the content they need – from a single chapter to an entire book.
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- Access to full-text e-books in the fields of education, psychology, biology & life sciences, business, economics & management and general social sciences plus numerous e-books in the public domain.
- What if I Just Want eBooks? (Shapiro Library)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.