Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: May 01, 2019 Views: 95
GuideStar is a free resource that can be accessed through the Shapiro Library allowing users to search for reports, analysis, and other information on more than a million IRS-registered nonprofit organizations.
You can find the Guide Star database by following these steps:
- Select A-Z Database List on the library homepage under "Quick Links"
- Choose "G" from the alphabet
- Find "GuideStar" on the list of databases available there.
When you open the database you will need to register using your SNHU email address. Registration is free. Once you have registered with Guide Star you will be able to search by criteria such as:
- Location –including city, state, or zip code
- Organizational name
- Employer Identification Number
- Type of Organization
- National headquarters
- National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities Codes
- IRS subsection
For further suggestions and helpful search tips visit the Guide Star Search Tips page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.