Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: Jul 23, 2018 Views: 1022
An introductory paragraph for an essay or paper should usually include the following three elements:
- An attention getter to draw your readers in and make them interested in the subject matter
- A brief overview of the subject to be discussed in the essay or paper
- A thesis statement which states the goal or purpose of your essay or paper
The library has several books and eBooks in our collection which can help answer your questions about writing paragraphs. To find books and ebooks on writing, please search the Multi-Search or the Online Library Catalog.
You may also want to consider:
- How long should my thesis statement be?
- Where can I find an example of a thesis statement?
- What is an outline?
This information is intended to be a guideline, not expert advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.