Answered By: Elyse Wolf Last Updated: Feb 12, 2019 Views: 835
Safari (O'Reilly) offers an app, called the Queue, that you can download on your Android or Apple phone.
Follow these steps to download the app onto your compatible device:
- Open your device's store (App Store or Google Play)
- Search for "Safari Queue"
- Download the app to your phone
- Open the app
- Enter your school email (e.g. email@example.com) and select "Sign In"
- You will be brought to a mySNHU sign in page and you will have to enter your SNHU email and password and select "Connect to mySNHU!"
- You will be brought to the app's homepage.
- You can now start using the app.
To use the app to find a book or that you began reading on a computer you can follow these steps:
- Tap on the 3 horizontal bars in the top-left corner
- Select "Playlists"
- Select "Queue"
- You will now see the books and other items you have saved to your queue.
- Select the book you want to read and it will begin to download
- Select the book again to begin reading
- You can select passages to highlight or enter notes about.
If you want to search for other books or resources including videos, please follow these steps:
- Select the "Search Books, Videos, and Audio" search area
- Enter the search information
- The results will appear.
You can also browse for content.
What about audiobooks?
Safari does offer some audio books. They are loaded into the system as a video (but with audio only) and a user can find them by searching on Title = "Audio Book".
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.