Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: Jun 13, 2018 Views: 50352
The Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition) includes YouTube videos under their videos and multimedia information (see Section 14.267: Videos, podcasts, and other online multimedia for more information). The general format is outlined below and you should include as much information as possible.
10. AuthorFirstName AuthorLastName, “Title of Video,” YouTube video, running time, publication date, URL.
10. shapirolibrary, “Interview with Professor David Gou – 3D Printer Gripper,” YouTube Video, 1:10, December 19, 2017, https://youtu.be/SfsZjoD2Frk.
11. shapirolibrary, “Interview with Professor David Gou."
Corresponding Bibliography Entry:
shapirolibrary. “Interview with Professor David Gou – 3D Printer Gripper.” YouTube Video, 1:10. December 19, 2017. https://youtu.be/SfsZjoD2Frk.
- Citation Quick Guide (Chicago Manual of Style)
- Chicago Style Guide (Shapiro Library)
- Chicago/Turabian Manual of Style Training (Atomic Learning - log in using your SNHU email username and password)
For further help please contact the Wolak Learning Center at 603.645.9606 (UC Students) and Online Writing Center at 866.721.1662 (Online/COCE Students) for assistance with citing websites in Chicago style.
You may also want to consider:
- How do I cite sources in Chicago style?
- How do I cite an image in Chicago style?
- How do I cite a website in Chicago style?
This information is intended to be a guideline, not expert advice. Please be sure to speak to your professor about the appropriate way to a website in your class assignments and projects.
University of Chicago. (2017). The Chicago Manual of Style. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.