Answered By: Jennifer Harris Last Updated: Oct 19, 2020 Views: 662778
According to the APA Style 7th edition the general format is as follows:
Username. (Year, Month Day). Title of video [Video]. YouTube. https://xxxxx
For example (don't forget to indent the second and subsequent lines):
markapsolon. (2011, September 9). The haunting tape 14 (ghost caught on video) [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyGCbxD848
shapirolibrary. (2017, July 24). IBISWorld - industry reports & information [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot98iAtFzfo
NOTE: The screen name should follow the capitalization that appears on YouTube. The URLs should link to the source.
- APA YouTube Video Reference Example This link opens in a new window (American Psychological Association)
- APA Guide (Shapiro Library)
- APA Blog This link opens in a new window (American Psychological Association)
- APA (7th Ed.) Research Paper Basics - Word 2019 (Office 365) (Hoonuit) This link opens in a new window - SNHU Login Required
This information is intended to be a guideline, not expert advice. Please be sure to speak to your professor about the appropriate way to cite a YouTube video in your class assignments and projects.
To access academic support, visit your Brightspace course and select “Tutoring and Mentoring” from the Academic Support pulldown menu.
To access help with citation and more, visit Academic Support via modules in Brightspace:
- The Complete Guide to Using Academic Support via Brightspace This link opens in a new window
- Accessing Writing STEM Help This link opens in a new window
Content authored by: GS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.