Q. Laptop Policy
- Laptops may be checked out for up to 4 hours at a time. Check your Library Account for the exact due time.
- Laptops may only be used within the library building.
- Borrowers will be charged a $2.00 per hour fine for laptops returned late. There is no grace period.
- Borrowers will pay all costs for laptops and associated items lost of damaged while checked out to their account.
Software on Library Laptops
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and more.
- Web Browsers: Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
- Adobe Reader
- Users may not load programs onto laptops.
- Laptops must be shut down completely before they are returned to the Information Desk.
- Laptops must be returned no later than 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Laptops must not be left unattended.
- Shapiro Library conforms to the SNHU Network Acceptable Use Policy. Individuals using the library's computers and networks are responsible for being familiar with and adhering to this policy.
- Library laptops and computer workstations are provided for academic research purposes.
- Shapiro Library prohibits activities that create a hostile, intimidating, or offensive environment. Patrons using the Library's computers and networks in an inappropriate manner will be asked to cease and/or leave the library.
Saving Your Documents
- Library laptops will erase all documents stored on their hard drives when they are turned off.
- Save regularly to minimize the risk of losing your work.
- Borrowers must provide their own storage device.
- Do not close laptops without saving your work or it will be deleted.
- If the laptop battery runs out, the laptop will shut down. You can check the estimated time remaining on your battery by clicking the battery icon in the lower-right corner of the Windows taskbar.
- The library is not responsible for laptop malfunctions. Please report all technology issues to the IT Help Desk on the first floor of the Wolak Library Learning Commons.
- You may print wirelessly to the Library's black-and-white and color printers, provided you have set up a print account.
- Report laptop problems immediately to the IT Help Desk on the 1st floor of the Wolak Library and Learning Commons. If the desk is unstaffed, please contact the Library Information Desk at 603.645.9605 or email@example.com.
- Due to limited supplies, the library is not obligated to provide a second laptop.
Please contact Heather Walker-White, Manager of Library Information Services, at 603.626.9100 ext. 21568 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding laptop policy.
Was this helpful? 0 0