Q. Accessing eBooks
Reading eBooks within the Databases
All of our Ebooks have the option of reading their content within the database that you find them. This means that when you access the Ebook, you can use the features within the database to read, highlight, save, print and more.
For example, with ACLS ebooks you can simply click on a chapter and start reading:
Reading eBooks on a Device
Some of our Ebook databases allow the books to be downloaded to your computer or device. Do you have an iPad, Kindle, Nook or something else? You may wish to investigate the options below for download.
Please note that downloading Ebooks are not required. You can read the books within the Ebook database right from your computer.
eBook Databases with Downloads Available:
Requirements to Download an eBook to your Device
- A device that supports Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire Reader. Ebooks can be downloaded to iPads, PCs and several types of ereaders including a NOOK and Sony ereader. (Not sure if your device supports these applications? Check here)
- Your SNHU email and password login. This is your normal login to my.snhu.edu
- Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire Reader. Adobe Digital Editions is a free program that allows you to load the entire ebook for viewing and transfer it to a device. If you want to download to an iPad (or Apple device) you will want to download the Bluefire Reader application or the database specific application.
- Create a free account with the ebook database(s). Ebrary and EBSCO ebooks allow you to download ebooks. You will need to create a free account for each database to be able to send the ebook to Adobe Digital Editions or Bluefire.
- EBSCO ebook Download Instructions
- Ebrary Downloads for Android or iOS Devices
- Business Expert Press - Users can download a copy of Business Expert Press books as PDFs. You can then view the book in its entirety on any device that can read a PDF. Clicking on the Download button will automatically start the PDF download. Once the PDF opens, you will be able to save or print the books. You could also click on the Read button to view the book without downloading.