Q. Why Use the Catalog?
Why Should I Use the Online Library Catalog?
The Online Library Catalog searches all the library's print resources, ebooks, and some other electronic content (e.g. videos). It primarily includes books and ebooks so it's a quick way to find this content type.
Most Useful For:
- Allows users to search the library's entire collection of books and ebooks from one search interface
- Allows users to request a book be placed on hold or mailed to them with the available "Request" feature
- Doesn't include other types of content like scholarly articles
- Limiting results to print books only or ebooks only requires use of the Advanced Search
Consider using the online library catalog primarily when one or more of the following apply:
- You want to save time by searching a content-specific (e.g. primarily books and ebooks) resource
- You want to look up a book or ebook by specific information like title, author, ISBN, etc.
- You want to utilize Your Library Account (e.g. request a book be placed on hold or mailed to you)