Answered By: Elyse Wolf Last Updated: Jan 09, 2019 Views: 18
Limiting Search Results by Date
Most databases have a publication date filter on the left side of the search results that you can use to narrow down your results to the time frame you need. The Advanced Search is another way to do this. The screenshots below show where to find the publication date filter in many of our databases.
Multi-Search & other EBSCO databases (e.g. Academic Search Ultimate) results page:
- The Publication Date limiter is located on the left-hand side of the search results in the "Refine Results" column.
- You can limit by sliding the beginning date along the date bar from left to right and you can limit the ending date by sliding the ending date from right to left. You can also limit by entering new dates in the boxes that appear above the bar.
Multi-Search & other EBSCO databases (e.g. Academic Search Ultimate) Advanced Search:
- The Date Published limiter is located below the Advanced Search search boxes. More specifically,it is located in the "Search Options" area under the "Limit Your Results" section.
- This option allows you to enter a date range by selecting a beginning month and entering a beginning year and selecting an ending month and entering an ending year.
- You can select the month by choosing the month in the drop-down menus.
- You can specify a year by typing in your desired beginning and ending years in the year fields.
ABI/INFORM Collection (and other ProQuest databases) results page:
- The Publication Date limiter is located on the left-hand side of the search results. It appears similar to a bar graph.
- You can limit the date by sliding either end of the date bar or by clicking on "Enter a date range" entering new dates in the boxes (From and To) that appear below the bar. These dates must by entered in year-month-day format (yyyy-mm-dd). You can also click on the calendar icon in the date box to select a date.
ABI/INFORM Collection Advanced Search:
- The Publication Date limiter is located below the Advanced Search search boxes. It is a drop-down menu with options including "All dates, " Last 30 days," "On this date," and "Specific date range."
Content authored by: GS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are a self-serve option for users to search and find answers to their questions.
Use the search box above to type your question to search for an answer or browse existing FAQs by group, topic, etc.